January 24, 2013

Tanzania 2012-2013 - Day 1

I have travelled a lot in my life and last december, I was in Tanzania with my father and sister for a safari trip. For 12 days, we would see mountains, plains, lakes and forests full of wildlife.

Day 1 - Hotel Oasis, Arusha City

There is this bird, Henry, and there is a very sad story about him. Maybe I will tell you someday...



On our way to Tanrangire National Park...

Birds, goats, and wonderful landscapes.






This last one is a honey tree. It holds the bee hives, Tanzanian style!

Tarangire National Park

After lunch break, we're going for a game drive through the Tarangire National Park. It is reknown for it's elephants, but we are lucky as we will see a lot more!





These little guys are called vervet monkeys.


A baobab tree.


My dad has this thing for warthogs...



Elephants and impalas, the antelope, not the car!


A guineafowl


Sausage, sausage, whoo! No, really, they call it the sausage tree.


See that pale spot over there? Not a rock, not a log!
I swear, there is a lion there. She is lying down and of course she isn't facing us.





Elephants are grey, but they look brown because they enjoy dirt.
They roll in it to protect their skin from the sun.








I am not sure what kind of bird this is. There are so many different kinds I couldn't remember all... My dad could tell you more, as he loves birds and worked in that area for a while.








Impala male.


Impala female.


A waterbuck female taking a sun bath.


The dik-dik, the smallest antelope there is. Full grown adult size.






Did you know that the girafe is the emblem of Tanzania?







End of day one.

*Our whole trip was organized by Base Camp Tanzania and we had a wonderful time!*

No comments: