January 30, 2013

Tanzania 2012-2013 - Day 2

I have travelled a lot in my life and last december, I was in Tanzania with my father and sister for a safari trip. For 12 days, we would see mountains, plains, lakes and forests full of wildlife.

Day 2 - Lake Manyara

Lake Manyara is a very large but shallow lake by the Rift, a very long chain of mountains and it host many species of animals. Of all, the monkeys and baboons are the less shy. They like to stick around and pose for pictures.


A blue monkey.


Baboon family.

At this point, my battery died. As I just bought the camera, I hadn't have with me an extra one and I had to rely on my iPhone to take pictures for the rest of the day. I apologize for the poor quality.




A leopard tortoise.


Hippos taking it easy early afternoon.


A heard of wildebeest, also called gnu.







You can see giraffes in the back, near the lake.


And a little closer.


Zebras!!! They look brownish for a reason. Because their black stripes are too hot under the sun, they enjoy rolling in dirt to protect themselves.



End of day two.

*Our whole trip was organized by Base Camp Tanzania and we had a wonderful time!*

No comments: